Monday, March 24, 2008

My New Babies


With the help of the girls at work, I have decided what my new pet is going to be. Ever since I was little I have been a big fan of all animals BIG and small! I always liked any kind of small creature and rodents and have had pretty much every kind of small pet growing up. I have had rats, a guinea pig, hamsters, even a hedgehog. I have decided to get 2 baby sugar gliders. They are very social creatures and love to be around people and their own kind. The are super active and can become depressed without companionship. They are nocturnal so they will stay awake most of the night and sleep during the day while I am at work. I can play with them in the evening when I get home from work till around 1 AM when I go to bed. I am very excited about these new creatures and think they will be so much fun. I have been working all weekend on their cage and almost have it complete. They will have a hammock, edible tiki hut, branches to jump from and to, and a comfy cloth sleeping box. The new babies won't be here in Lubbock for a week and a half so I will get to pick them up in about 2 weeks.

No comments: