Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Candy

I got in the mood to make some Christmas Candy after going to all the holiday parties and seeing all the delicious goodies. I went on Saturday night and got all my supplies. I decided to make 5 different recipes. I started baking around 1 AM which is just insane I know. I am such a night owl and knew I would be up late. I didn't stop until 4 AM. Whew! I was tired. Then I was back at it this morning around 10 AM and I think I am finally finished. I might need one more batch of peanut brittle because the first batch I made turned out great but was pretty small, so the second batch I decided to double the recipe but something went wrong and it never got crunchy. It just stayed chewy so I had to throw it away. Natalie had made a really good chocolate peanut crunch candy with a special ingredient that you wouldn't expect so I asked her for that recipe then looked on the internet and through my mom's recipes for some more. Here are the 5 I decided on...
1) Cinnamon Hard Candy
2) Chocolate Peanut Crunch
3) Peanut Brittle
4) Peppermint Bark
5) Candy Cane Blossom Cookies

All my goodies in Christmas Tins and ready to eat. Hopefully they will all be finished at the different get togethers we are having. I don't need this extra laying around the house.


Let me know if you want any of the recipes. They are all pretty simple and were so much fun to make!



1 comment:

Nick and Natalie said...

holly all your candy looks perfect!!! YUMMY!